Finally, I have got my hands on a camera! (Not mine, of course, but a loan from a friend. Thanks Beth!)
The state of the log cabin blanket
The blocks are all put together in four strips of five blocks, with Cascade Eco Wool (color 8095) doing the sashing between. The sashing is the same width/depth/whatever as the strips of the Noro blocks — 12 rows or 6 garter ridges.
This is the first time I’ve worked with Kureyon, and after seeing Renee’s post about the growth factor of this yarn, I’m wondering if I should have blocked my blocks (HA!) before joining them. That’s a theoretical wondering at this point, of course, because I’m not about to undo all that Eco Wool.
This is the sashing all close up, from the wrong side. I’m knitting 3 ridges/6 rows on one block, then pick up and knit 3 ridges/6 rows on the other block, then 3-needle-bind-off them together.
I’m doing the same thing on the long sides of the strips, and this is the part where things have slowed down just a bit. It’s the devil to do work a 3-needle-bindoff down a billion stitches (or thereabouts), and I find myself putting it down a lot. I just need to watch a good long movie that I’ve already seen… Lord of the Rings trilogy, perhaps. Anyone with suggestions please let me know!
I love every detail of this project, even though I thought I hated garter stitch. I don’t know what I was thinking — it’s beautiful and cushy and the stitches ripple around each other, and it kind of looks like a hug. A little bit. To me. The crazy lady.